All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce Upon a War: The Diary of a Waiting Wife, is a heartfelt memoir that relates how the author's family and many others survived separation from loved ones during the Vietnam War. Together, they awaited their husbands' return in Schilling Mar, a residence designated especially for the families, located in Salina, Kansas. There has never been ather community like it. Diary entries and letters describe life at home and in the war zone, as well as political turmoil during an era when denigration of the military was in style.
- Author BiographyJoan Diehl lives in Madison, Alabama, with her husband, Glen, a retired Air Force lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran. Joan is a former editor of the Madison County Record, a weekly newspaper now called the Madison Record. Born in Topeka, Kansas, she and her husband have five children and 18 grandchildren, one of whom is deceased.
- Author(s)Joan Diehl
- PublisherL & R Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAshland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHellgate Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.