Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in this book (the author's fourth one) are of different subjects. Some describe the lands of Eritrea and Ethiopia and their uniqueness and grandiosity; the incredible expanse of their high plateaus; the roaring power of their deserts; the shining splendor of their lakes and sea. Others celebrate the beauty of the author's spouse, Giordana, and the deep bond the author and his wife had the good fortune to share, uninterruptedly, until her death in 2003. Still others take up the tales of various peoples of those lands, from the slyly, lucid vels of the Amharas, to the mocking stories of the Gouraghe and the absurd, quipping fantasies of the Oromo. Finally, a last group includes poems dedicated to events, environments and situations typical of everyday life in Eritrea and Ethiopia in the Sixties, verses addressed to friends, meditations and inner reflections. This book is in its own way a celebration of the African world, as the book published by the author in 2010, entitled Ninety Three Days: A Journey to Freedom (ISBN 978-1452879413), which is a testament to the brutal civil war that ravaged those two countries in the Horn of Africa after the ousting of Emperor Haile Sellassie I, and to the author escape to Sudan.
- Author BiographyThe author was raised in Eritrea with his nuclear family, and with exception of a period at Rome University to complete his education, he lived in Eritrea and Ethiopia proper for 35 years. After escaping Eritrea in 1976, he worked in Italy, Libya, Nigeria, Brazil, Chile and Peru. He immigrated to Canada in 1983, where he resides to this day, in St. Catharines, a quiet city in Southern Ontario. He has a son who lives in the same city, a daughter in Rome Italy, a stepson in Brazil, and an adopted son also in Italy. He contributed articles and essays to newspapers in Eritrea and magazines in Brazil. He also published a book on the history and nature of Modern Science.
- Author(s)Emilio De Luigi
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.