All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn historic transformation is happening in Myanmar, once was Burma. The country is emerging from its isolation and finally joining the 21st Century in what has been described as the Burmese spring. This revolution is being felt most particularly in the former capital Yangon, once was Rangoon. There is at last the prospect of an end to decades of neglect and decay. However this brave new world spells uncertainty for the future of t only the unique collection of colonial heritage buildings that have miraculously survived, but also for other aspects of a city where the national costume is worn by most of the population, the women and children have a creamy paste called thanaka smeared on their faces and the world's oldest buses converted from World War Two army trucks are still in service. These new images capture that moment in time...before everything changes. Words and photographs by Kim Buddee, once was an architect.
- Author(s)Kim Budee
- PublisherTour de Force Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintTour de Force Books
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight1424 g
- Width310 mm
- Height245 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.