Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn the remote Kootenay Valley in western Canada, good people sometimes do bad things. Two bullied adolescents sabotage a rope swing, resulting in ather boy's death. A heartbroken young man chooses t to warn his best friend about an approaching car. Sons challenge fathers and break taboos.Crackling with tension and propelled by jagged, cutting dialogue, D. W. Wilson's stories reveal to us how our best intentions can be doomed to fail or injure, how our loves can fall short or mislead us, how even friendship-especially friendship-can be something dangerously temporary. An intoxicating cocktail of adrenaline and vulnerability, doggedness and dignity, Once You Break a Knuckle explores the courage it takes just to make it through ather day.
- Author BiographyD. W. Wilson was born and raised in the small towns of the Kootenay Valley, British Columbia. His stories have won the BBC National Short Story Award, been shortlisted for the CBC Short Story Prize, and been nominated for three Canadian National Magazine Awards. Once You Break a Knuckle was longlisted for the Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award and a finalist for the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize and the Dylan Thomas Prize. Wilson has also written a novel, Ballistics. He lives in London.
- Author(s)D W Wilson
- PublisherBloomsbury UK
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury UK
- Weight240 g
- Width141 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.