All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential handbook for anyone who has ever returned from a war zone, and their spouse, partner, or family members. Being back home can be as difficult, if t more so, than the time spent serving in a combat zone. Its with this truth that Colonel Charles W. Hoge, MD, a leading advocate for eliminating the stigma of mental health care, presents Once a Warrior--Always a Warrior, a groundbreaking resource with essential new insights for anyone who has ever returned home from a war zone. In clear practical language, Dr. Hoge explores the latest kwledge in combat stress, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), mTBI (mild traumatic brain injury), other physiological reactions to war, and their treatment options. Recognizing that warriors and family members both change during deployment, he helps them better understand each others experience, especially living with enduring survival skills from the combat environment that are often viewed as symptoms back home. The heart of this book focuses on whats necessary to successfully navigate the transition -- LANDNAV for the home front. Once a Warrior--Always a Warrior shows how a warriors kwledge and skills are vital for living at peace in an insane world.
- Author BiographyCharles W. Hoge, MD, Colonel (Ret.), U.S. Army, directed the premiere U.S. research program on the mental health and neurological effects of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq from 2002 to 2009 at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. He deployed to Iraq (2004) to improve combat stress care. He continues to work as a staff psychiatrist treating service members, veterans, and family members. As a national expert on war-related mental health issues and traumatic brain injury, Dr. Hoge has testified to Congress and is interviewed frequently by national news organizations.
- Author(s)Charles W Hoge,Charles W. Hoge
- PublisherGlobe Pequot Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press Life
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.