All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
About this product
- DescriptionBorn to an English father and a German mother, brothers Michael and Franz are separated as babies. But their passion for the sea is shared, and their careers in the respective Navies of their countries mirror each other. When the Second World War breaks out, both Michael and Franz are pressed into service; Michael on a destroyer and Franz on a submarine. Their paths cross several times until a fateful battle in 1945 when the two brothers are finally brought together. One Above And One Below unfolds the stories of Michael and Franz, their lives, loves, aspirations and difficulties. Trevor Towers' charming vel is full of interesting and in-depth naval details, thrilling descriptions of sea battles and hourable characters.
- Author BiographyTrevor Towers was born in Brighton, England at the end of the Second World War. As the son of a naval officer, he spent much of his childhood in Malta, where his father was posted. Trevor cherishes these memories to this day. The family later returned to England and settled in Portsmouth. Trevor attended the Royal Hospital School, also known as 'Holbrook', near Ipswich. It was a boarding school with a strong focus on instilling its pupils with the values and skills necessary for a career in the British Armed Forces. Trevor subsequently spent many years in the army; his experiences from those days have a strong influence in his writing. He has married twice, and has five sons. Much of Trevor's life has been spent travelling the world or living overseas. Time spent in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Africa, and Asia has inspired many of his stories. In 2004, whilst holidaying in Phuket, Thailand, Trevor and his wife Petra were caught in the Boxing Day Tsunami. They were swept away by the full force of the wave that killed so many but, miraculously, they survived. Despite their terrifying experience, they fell in love with Thailand and its people, and subsequently settled in Hua-Hin, where they still reside today.
- Author(s)Trevor John Towers
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Weight354 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.