All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Jerry LeMieux has over thirty-five years and 10,000 hours of aviation experience. He has flown military fighter aircraft and is a major airline pilot. He was responsible for solving national aviation issues as an Executive Safety Chairman for the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA). He is currently developing both ground- and airborne-based radar collision avoidance systems for Unmanned Air Systems. He has been on the staff and faculty at MIT, Boston University, Daniel Webster College, and Embry Riddle Aeronautical University where he taught courses in electrical and aeronautical engineering and advanced mathematics. He has published technical papers on radar design and has been a Chairman and Technical Paper Selection Committee Member for the National and International Radar Conferences, a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, in addition to being a member of several professional organizations. While piloting a fighter aircraft, he has personally experienced an aircraft bird strike that resulted in significant loss of thrust in a jet engine. He recently filed a patent for a ground-based radar system that sends bird targets to the cockpit to prevent aircraft bird strikes. The techlogy is available today to permanently solve this worldwide problem.
- Author BiographyDr. Jerry LeMieux has thirty-five years and 10,000 hours of aviation experience. He has flown military fighter aircraft and is a major airline pilot. He holds BS, MS, and PhD degrees in electrical engineering and has twenty-two years of experience with design, development, integration, and testing of radar systems.
- Author(s)Dr Jerry LeMieux
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2009
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.