All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA CLASSIC IN THE MAKING FROM THE 2008 CALDECOTT HONOR WINNERONE BOY is a perfect example of why Kirkus Reviews calls Laura Vaccaro Seeger the emerging master of the concept book -a die-cut book exploring counting and words-within-words, and the power of art and imagination. At the start, readers see a sad boy surrounded by empty, lonely chairs. At his feet is a bag with paint brushes peeking out. The text reads ONE boy which-with a turn of the page and a look through a cleverly cut hole-turns into all alONE. Page after page, the book becomes populated with seals, apes, and monkeys, all examples of words-within-words. Finally, we come back to ONE boy who is all dONE, and we discover where all the characters came from. One Boy is a 2009 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year. This title has Common Core connections.
- Author BiographyLaura Vaccaro Seeger is a New York Times best-selling author and illustrator and the recipient of a 2008 Caldecott Honor, Theodor Seuss Geisel Honors for both 2009 and 2008, a 2007 New York Times Best Illustrated Book Award, and the 2007 Boston Globe/Horn Book Award for Best Picture Book. Her books include First the Egg, The Hidden Alphabet, and Dog and Bear, among others. Raised on Long Island, New York, Seeger began drawing at two years old and never stopped. For as long as she remembers, she wanted to write picture books. She received her B.F.A. degree at the School of Fine Art and Design at SUNY Purchase in Westchester, New York, and then moved to Manhattan, where she worked as an animator, artist, and editor in the network television business.Seeger lives in Rockville Centre, Long Island, with her husband, Chris, their two sons, Drew and Dylan, and their dog, Copper. She loves painting, surfing, tennis, playing the piano, and spending time with her family. She takes long walks at the beach every day and paints in her studio every night.
- Author(s)Laura Vaccaro Seeger
- PublisherRoaring Brook Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoaring Brook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight354 g
- Width214 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.