All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs a troubadour for global music and an instigator of cross-cultural worship for more than 15 years in a variety of deminational settings, including congregational, national, and international venues, Michael Hawn has observed many faithful people who find that a taste of Pentecost in worship is refreshing and invigorating. In One Bread, One Body: Exploring Cultural Diversity in Worship, Hawn seeks to help bridge the gap between the human tendency to prefer ethnic and cultural homogeneity in worship and the church's mandate to offer a more diverse and inclusive experience. He offers a rainbow vision of the universal church where young and old joyfully and thoughtfully respond to the movement of God's Spirit in multicultural worship. Hawn and four colleagues from Perkins School of Theology in Dallas formed a diverse team in ethnicity, gender, academic field of study, and deminational affiliation to study four United Methodist congregations in the Dallas area that are grappling with cross-cultural ministry. Their four case studies illustrate both the pain and the possibilities encountered in capturing the Spirit of Pentecost in worship. Hawn also offers a concise and practical theological framework as well as numerous strategies and an extensive bibliography for implementing culturally conscious worship. This book is invaluable for congregations that want to undertake the hard work of cross-cultural worship.
- Author BiographyC. Michael Hawn has been on the faculty of Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, since 1992 in the areas of church music and worship. He previously taught at two Baptist seminaries and served as a church musician in congregations throughout the South. He has published over 80 articles and two collections of congregational songs.
- Author(s)C. Michael Hawn
- PublisherAlban Institute, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleVital Worship Healthy Congregations
- Place of PublicationBethesda, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlban Institute, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.