Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe real-life saga of the experiences of the Pushman family in the Second World War is related here by the eldest daughter, Muriel. The characters of each member of the large family and its staff and life on the farm in the Surrey Downs are recounted with charm and candour. The journey they make over the six years of war is captured vividly through various incidents, both traumatic and mundane, including illnesses, the coming of the evacuees, marriages, births, air raids, and war work. Illustrated with family photographs, this book gives the reader a rare and personal glimpse into both the changing role of women and civilian life throughout these troubled years of the private experience of one family in the Second World War.
- Author BiographyMuriel Gane Pushman was the eldest daughter in the Pushman family. Her family's story, as she tells it, has endeared her to readers all over the country. Muriel, now in her eighties, lives in Worcestershire.
- Author(s)Muriel Gane Pushman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note30
- Weight350 g
- Width236 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.