Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe real-life saga of the experiences of the Pushman family in the Second World War is related here by the eldest daughter, Muriel. The characters of each member of the large family and its staff and life on the farm in the Surrey Downs are recounted with charm and candour. The journey they make over the six years of war is captured vividly through various incidents, both traumatic and mundane, including illnesses, the coming of the evacuees, marriages, births, air raids, and war work. Illustrated with family photographs, this book gives the reader a rare and personal glimpse into both the changing role of women and civilian life throughout these troubled years of the private experience of one family in the Second World War.
- Author BiographyMuriel Gane Pushman was the eldest daughter in the Pushman family. Her family's story, as she tells it, has endeared her to readers all over the country. Muriel, now in her eighties, lives in Worcestershire.
- Author(s)Muriel Gane Pushman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note30
- Weight350 g
- Width236 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.