All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership is intentional. It is a commitment. It isn't for the weak of heart. One Foot Planted in the Center, the Other Dangling Off the Edge: How Intentional Leadership Can Transform tells the story of how one person with a vision turned a New York City church with a history of failure and decline into a mecca of the arts, diversity, justice, and celebration. Using humor and practical suggestions experienced from real live situations, the author guides and inspires others to overcome leadership challenges and utilize every resource in bringing new life to their organization. This book is a valuable tool, providing fresh perspectives and numerous examples and helpful ideas of how to be a transforming leader bringing about systemic change in an increasingly diverse world. In real estate it's location, location, location. In refreshing and transforming a stagnant, declining organization or institution, it's leadership, leadership, leadership. That is what this book is about.
- Author BiographyGordon Dragt has an AB from Hope College, Holland, MI; BD from Western Theological Seminary, Holland, MI; and ThM from Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, NJ. He was a member of the adjunct faculty of the Center for the Arts, Religion, and Education in the field of worship and the arts, a program of the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, CA; is a Fellow in the Society for Arts, Religion, and Contemporary Culture; was honored as Arts Minister of the Year by the Center for the Arts, Religion, and Education; has over forty years experience transforming declining and stagnant town, suburban, and city churches into thriving arts-friendly, multicultural and multiracial congregations; and has numerous other awards, honors, and certifications. Gordon has served on the Board of Trustees of New Brunswick Theological Seminary in New Brunswick, NY, and is a founding member of the seminary's Anti-Racism Team and Artist in Residence Committee. Gordon is Emeritus Senior Minister of the Collegiate Church of NYC, where he served for twenty years as Senior Minister of Middle Collegiate Church, during which time it was transformed from a stagnant, declining church into a thriving and diverse city-wide and regional ministry. In the process Gordon created the modern Middle Collegiate Church.
- Author(s)Gordon R Dragt
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.