All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe bloodiest conflict in human history was t decided by the actions of an enlightened few. Instead, it played out as countless acts of heroism, on battlefields across the planet, in events whose outcomes were anything but certain. Within this history of individual sacrifice, it is possible to identify landmark events that shifted the momentum of World War II, from the early gains of Hitler's Axis powers to the growing Allied might of the later years. One Hundred Events that Shaped World War II tells the story of the war. Taking into account social, ecomic, techlogical and political factors, it presents the people involved and identifies the strategic masterstrokes, as well as blunders, that determined the ultimate course of victory.
- Author BiographyA former research officer with the Defence Intelligence Staff in Whitehall, London, Peter Darman has written extensively on twentieth- century military history. He has a BA in history and international relations from Nottingham University and a postgraduate degree in military history from the University of York. He has published over twenty books, including Posters of World War II, World War II Stats and Facts, Heroic Voices of the Spanish Civil War and Uniforms of World War II. Peter lives in London with his wife Karen and a bulldog called Nelson.
- Author(s)Peter Darman
- PublisherApple Press
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintApple Press
- Width170 mm
- Height227 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.