All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany people with an eating disorder also suffer from low self-esteem, depression and anxiety. Eating disorders such an Arexia Nervosa and Bulimia are maladaptive coping mechanisms, and recovery requires the learning of new, healthy coping skills. One Life is a positive and inspirational first person account of one girl's path to recovery. The book boldly details her eleven-week stay in a residential eating disorder clinic - showing her progress from near-death on admission to a full recovery on departure. Each of the 11 chapters of the book deals with a week of her stay there, and opens with a positive coping strategy, and advice as to how and when to use it. Encouraging readers that a setback is thing more than a challenge to be overcome, this inspirational book will help people at all stages of recovery from an eating disorder, as well as their families, and the psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, social workers and other health professionals who work with them.
- Author BiographyNaomi Feigenbaum was first diagnosed with Anorexia Nervosa at the age of 14, and suffered a relapse when she was 19, before being admitted to the Renfrew Center in Florida, US. Since her recovery, Naomi has undertaken a bachelors degree in Psychology at Cleveland State University.
- Author(s)Naomi Feigenbaum
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight254 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.