All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps one kws how to touch the hearts and minds of young people as writer and radio broadcaster Jim Burns. These fifty fresh devotional readings cover many of the major issues of life and faith that students wrestle with today. Sexual purity, the pressure to compromise, family relationships, trusting God, servanthood, worry, fatigue, and daily surrender are just a few of the topics Burns explores. Scripture and personal application questions are integrated throughout, while historical and contemporary stories, quotes, profiles of courage, and even illustrations from children's literature help students relate these concepts to their lives. Youth leaders and parents will find this a tremendous resource for teaching, while young adults will enjoy the book for use in their personal quiet time.
- Author BiographyJim Burns is president of HomeWord and executive director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. He is also the host of the national radio broadcast HomeWord with Jim Burns. Jim's passion and purpose for this broadcast is to build God-honoring families through communicating practical truths that will enable adults and young people alike to live out their Christian faith. In addition to the radio program, Jim speaks to thousands around the world each year through seminars and conferences. He is an award-winning author, whose books include Creating an Intimate Marriage, The Purity Code, Confident Parenting, Faith Conversations for Families, and Teenology. He has been featured through numerous media outlets including CNN, ABC, Focus on the Family, and Library Journal. Jim and his wife, Cathy, have three grown daughters and live in Southern California. Visit www.homeword.com for more information.
- Author(s)Jim Burns
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width132 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.