All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn August of 1999 Steve and Sharon Hendricks untied their dock lines and left their marina in Washington state to sail the world aboard their 37 foot sail boat Poet's Place. This is the story of their six year journey half way around the world. They tell about the storm that almost devastated the trip and the pirate encounter off Colombia. They describe the beautiful enchanting islands and countries they visited and the wonderful people they met along the way that touched their lives and their hearts. They don't hide how difficult it gets when sailing a boat for weeks in the open sea looking at the same person night and day. So many folks of the baby boomer age are wondering if they can retire and live their dream on limited funds-and this is the true story of how they did it on a shoestring budget. It's an adventure book, a travel journey, a technical journal and love story rolled into one. It's written from her point of view and his point of view-very different. It's also the story of the five years it took to rebuild the boat and prepare themselves for this journey and the emotional part of leaving friends and family behind. So come along as they take you on the epic journey of One Man's Dream and One Woman's Reality.
- Author BiographySharon Reed-Hendricks is a poet, a writer and a business owner. She is also the author of the poetry books Sharon Shares Her Heart and From Where Eagles Soar. She lives in Ko Olina, Hawaii with her husband and best friend Steve. Steve Hendricks is retired Director of Facilities at Hawaii Pacific University. He lives with his soul-mate Sharon on their sailboat Poet's Place.
- Author(s)Sharon Reed-Hendricks
- PublisherSharon Reed
- Date of Publication28/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSharon Reed
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.23
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.21
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $22.21
- AU $22.98Trending at AU $25.10
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $25.10
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.48
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.