All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionActor Richard Beale was a young officer in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. In the summer of 2014, he sat down to write a memoir of that time, w more than 70 years ago. The result is an engaging and often humorous account of his wartime service in the Royal Navy, from just prior to joining up until his demobilisation and subsequent return to civilian life. During his naval career, Richard rose from a humble rating to become commander of a series of coastal patrol craft, the last of which was HMS ML 135, sailing one from the UK to Malta and latterly covering the Royal Navy's campaign in Greek and Croatian waters, including minesweeping duties. His story includes accounts of a number of key engagements, including one in which he was badly wounded, and encounters with Greek bandits and British spies. But it is t simply a naval memoir, as he also recalls memories of love affairs, special friendships and the enduring companionship of his beloved spaniel, Simon, who accompanied him in the initial stages of his career.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1920, Richard Beale joined the Royal Navy aged 20 and served from 1940 until the end of the Second World War. Following his service in the Navy, he worked for his father's print firm for 10 years until worked as an actor until 2005, appearing in hundreds of TV series including such classics as Dr Finlay's Casebook, Z Cars, A Handful of Dust and more recently, Casualty and Teachers. His time in the navy gave him a love of sailing that he has pursued throughout his life, sailing and racing single-handedly until 2010.
- Author(s)Richard Beale
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight423 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.