One Minute Negotiator: Simple Steps to Reach Better Agreements by Don Hutson, George M. Lucas (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe One Minute Negotiator uses an engaging business parable to tell the story of a high-level sales professional who learns the value of understanding and executing a simple yet profound approach to negotiations an approach that can be applied to getting the best loaner car while your cars in the shop, seeking a fair solution after a hotel messes up your reservation, closing a deal to get your product in a big-box retail store, or settling on the price for your new home. There are two primary schools of thought when it comes to negotiation skills. One essentially comes from the Harvard Business School camp, and it's perhaps best described as Thou Shalt Collaborate. This approach teaches that negotiating parties should always work together toward common interests. The other school of thought, mostly pushed by author/consultant Roger Dawson, takes an opposite approach. Call it Thou Shalt Compete, this approach is always overtly or subtly adversarial. The One Minute Negotiator differs in that it doesn't single-mindedly push one strategy over the other in the real world every negotiation differs depending on the participants and the circumstances. The authors provide an easy-to-use tool that allows you to understand your own negotiation strategy and quickly match it to the negotiation strategy used by the other side and to the situation. Too many people lose out in negotiations because of apprehension and misunderstanding about the process what the authors call negotiaphobia. By providing a simple, straightforward process anyone can use The One Minute Negotiator to help conquer their fears and achieve the most beneficial outcome in all their dealings.
- Author BiographyDon Hutson is chairman and CEO of U.S. Learning, Chairman of the Board oExecutive Books , and an accomplished corporate speaker and trainer. He is the author of nine books, including The One Minute Entrepreneur (with Ken Blanchard) and The Sale. George H. Lucas is a senior consultant and member of the board of directors for U.S. Learning. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including The Contented Achiever and Marketing Strategy.
- Author(s)Don Hutson,George M. Lucas
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width58 mm
- Height88 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Foreword byKen Blanchard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.