All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionONE SEXY WOMAN It's longer possible to tell a bad guy by the color of his hat in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This high desert city, slashed by the Rio Grande, is w a haven for gangbangers, hot air balloonists, nuclear scientists and serial killers. The Duke City's also the home of PI Cookie Baker, who isn't above enhancing her centerfold image to acquire information for her clients. ONE BIG ASS DOG In the past, a stalker buried Cookie alive. Now her constant companion is an over sized Husky/Chow mix who only understands German. Still Fluff can morph into The Fluffanator with a secret command. ONE GUY TOO MANY Since the age of seven, Cookie's been torn between two hot-blooded males except for the ten years she was in NYC modeling. During that time, Angelo Lucky Cerecedo and Jesse James Cowboy Wyeman did two tours In the Marines as a scout/sniper team. Now Lucky's an undercover cop and the millionaire inventor cowboy is a law unto himself. Cookie tries to keep the playing field equal between them 'cause she can't decide which guy she wants to do-as in I do take thee. ONE EXPLOSIVE CASE It started as a simple adultery case. Catch a serial cheating hubby on film. Cookie Baker didn't expect to be shot at, kcked unconscious and to wind up wearing such a poor fashion accessory as an old red and black football helmet (to keep from hitting her head again.) Nor had she expected her mark-a criminal defense attorney-to have secreted something too horrible to think about within his car. Suspecting the wife might be framing the husband, Lucky warns Cookie to drop the case. But a child's involved and Cookie can't back off until she kws the girl is safe. And where Cookie and Fluff go the crazy sharpshooter cowboy goes. As Cookie digs deeper, Albuquerque explodes into extraordinary and escalating violence. Lucky gets pulled into the crosshairs and Cowboy gets hurt trying to save his best buddy. Fluff also receives her own GSW before a psycho takes out incent by-standers and cops as collateral damage. Breaking stilettos at a rapid clip, Cookie evades her own share of bullets, bombs and butcher knives as she seeks to flush the killer into the light. The only thing she has left to do is face her fear of being underground and come face-to-face with unspeakable evil.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR JOANNA BLALOCK is an award-winning published writer, artist and teacher. She was born and reared in the upstate of South Carolina but has lived most of her adult life in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is a charter and honorary life-time member of Southwest Writers Workshop, a charter member of LERA (Land of Enchantment Romance Authors), a member of Romance Writers of America and a member of the Albuquerque chapter of Sisters in Crime. Please see her Author Page at Amazon.com or on Face Book for further information.
- Author(s)Joanna Blalock
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.