One South: An Ethnic Approach to Regional Culture by John Shelton Reed (Paperback, 1982)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 19 Mar
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the informal, engaging essays brought together in ONE SOUTH, John Shelton Reed focuses on the South's strong regional identity and on the persistence, well into the last decades of the twentieth century, of Southern cultural distinctiveness. Reed argues that Southerners are similar in much the same way that members of an ethnic group are similar. He discusses the South's shared cultural values, ranging from serious examinations of Southern violence and regional identity to considerations of Southern humor, country music, and the emergence of a new Southern middle class.
- Author BiographyJohn Shelton Reed is professor of sociology and adjunct professor of American studies at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He is author of The Enduring South, among other works, and book review editor of Social Forces.
- Author(s)John Shelton Reed
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1982
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.