All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionWarm and funny, with a neat and thoroughly satisfying solution Life may t begin at (nearly) sixty but it certainly takes some unexpected turns for golden girls Vivian and Edge, fellow residents at the slightly eccentric Grasshopper Lawns retirement village in Scotland, after the murder of an unpopular resident. Edge's niece is a sergeant in the local police force, and they are t only kept up to date, they start picking up clues that -one thought to pass on to the authorities. The murder sparks off a lively investigation, friendships with bon vivant William (a vast and charming SF writer) and sardonic new neighbour Donald, and will be enjoyed by armchair detectives everywhere. This is the first in a cosy whodunit series set in the beautiful Firth of Forth area just rth of Edinburgh. The next two books are already available on Kindle and will be in print shortly. An excerpt from the book: So I was able to help after all? Edge asked pointedly and Kirsty grinned at her over her cup of tea. 'Oh aye, Iain w calls you Jessica Fletcher, and he said I can tell you things within reason, and we can both sit back and wait for you to solve our cases. And that he'll be consulting you on one or two others, but I think he was joking.' 'All very well but we haven't solved this one yet.' Edge said briskly. 'I was told very emphatically by a policeperson I trust implicitly - well, you - that Mose was definitely t murdered.'
- Author BiographyElizabeth Lamprey is the daughter of a Scot, looks like a Scot, and dearly loves Scotland, but accepts that with a mere thirteen years residence she is still considered a tourist, albeit a tenacious one. She's the author of the Grasshopper Lawns series of cosy whodunits, featuring the irrepressible neighbours in a unique retirement village who have added solving murders to dog-walking, gardening, and thoroughly enjoying their leisured years. She's looking forward to becoming a grandmother when her busy daughter can find the time, but until then writing a series of cheerful whodunits about a Scottish retirement village is definitely her favourite occupation.
- Author(s)E J Lamprey
- Date of Publication08/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.