All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2009 I took a 2001calendar that I had bought and had been saving. It was printed in Italy on linen paper. The full color illustrations were of Japanese woodcuts created in the 1800's. I also had coffee table books I had been collecting that were full of old black and white photographs from the early 1900's. I searched through the books of photographs cutting out selected photographs and pasted them into the woodcut illustrations. I found images of buildings to include in each. In the end I saw them as snapshots people took as souvenirs, or memoirs, of their adventures. I titled each to covey this tion. Then I created a story to go with each image. I started with January, and the story grew one month at a time. I hope you enjoy my little fantasy that I have constructed with paper, paste, scissors and words.
- Author BiographyI started writing poetry when I was thirteen years old. To practice I would type whatever came to mind, which turned out to be adolescent rhyme. Throughout high school I enjoyed writing poems, having some published in the school literary magazine. At the University of Buffalo I continued writing and took classes in poetry. I would often frequent coffee houses reading my verse during those college years. After graduating I moved to Florida. Though I worked various jobs to pay the rent I never gave up writing poetry. In 1986 I joined the Poets of the Palm Beaches. In 1989 I became President of The Poets and held that position for seventeen years. To this day I still serve on their Board of Directors. Over the past fifteen years I have organized and conducted poetry readings, workshops and classes. I have, at times, won various prizes in poetry contests. I am also a member of Artists of Palm Beach County. For the past 20 years I have been working with photography, collage and digital imaging. Many of my works have been exhibited in various public places and galleries in Palm Beach County, Florida; such as the Palm Beach International Airport, the Boynton Beach City Library, and the Armory Arts Center.
- Author(s)John Vincent Palozzi
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.87Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.46Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.