All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of 48 poems written during late summer 2009 and early autumn 2010 while living in retirement in Costa Blanca, Spain. Most of the poems are rhymed, a few in free verse form (vers libre). But, most important, in these pages you can experience and enjoy established verse forms such as villanelle, terza rima, sestina, rondeau and enjambment.
- Author BiographyIn the Spotlight This month we feature one of WordPlay's first members, Migel Jayasinghe. Now retired, Migel, who has lived and worked in Asia, Africa and Europe, is a very active author and freelance journalist. Having established a vocational assessment and rehabilitation facility whilst Senior Occupational Psychologist with the Royal British Legion Industries between 1996 and 2001, (a groundbreaking facility helping ex-services disabled men and women back into appropriate further education, training and civilian employment), Migel moved to Spain in late 2005. Although devoting most of his time to creative writing, Migel's current life mostly concentrates on the area of life coaching, having gained a distinction in this regimen from the Life Coaching Academy (UK) in 2002. Indeed his credentials are such that he presented and ran a workshop at the First Russian International Life coaching Conference held at St Petersburg in November 2002. He used an eclectic range of counselling and coaching methods to help clients achieve goals they had hitherto thought beyond their reach. A prolific intellectual writer, his published works include Counselling in Careers Guidance (2001) Open University Press, Buckingham, UK, A Miscellany: Essays, stories, poems and a play (2008) Outskirts Press, Denver CO, USA and, Renditions, 30 Topical Essays (2009) Outskirts Press, Denver CO, USA.
- Author(s)Migel (Hettige Mahinda) Jayasinghe
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.