Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe problem with history is that much of what you learn in school simply isn't true! For instance, King Harold was NOT shot in the eye with an arrow at the Battle of Hastings, Neanderthals were t as dumb as you'd think, Britain had an Indian curry restaurant years before it had fish-and-chip shops and the American 'Wild West' really wasn't that wild. In many ways the history we casually accept as truth is full of mistakes. One in the Eye for Harold is a riotous romp through the centuries with revelations about the untruth of large swathes of history. It shows us how fictions have coloured our views of religion, politics, war and society - and shows us how some of our most solidly held beliefs are entirely false. We learn, among other things: How golf originated t in Scotland but in China, and baseball was invented by the English. How tartan was invented in Austria and bagpipes in Greece. Why Lady Godiva did NOT ride naked through Coventry. How the democracy of the Greeks was actually a dicatatorship . Why body really thought the world was flat when Columbus sailed the ocean blue.
- Author BiographyPHIL MASON is the author of Napoleon's Haemorrhoids 9781906779597 and What Needled Cleopatra 9781906779412.
- Author(s)Phil Mason
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobson Press
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.