About this product
- DescriptionJohn Pearson's The Profession of Violence created the myth of the Kray twins, and remains a classic of True Crime, the best book ever written on East London criminals and a book that started a mini publishing industry. Pearson is an authority on the London crime scene, which is why he was surprised while attending Ronnie Kray's funeral to see a man to whom all the other villains deferred, but who he didn't recognise. Investigation revealed that this man, the Englishman , never mentioned in any of the previous books on organised crime because everyone was too scared to speak his name, was as legendary a figure on the streets of New York as on the streets of London. Pearson persuaded the mysterious criminal leader to talk to him - and the result was a story even more extraordinary than that of the Kray twins. Here Pearson reveals the true story of the Englishman who became the adopted son of Joey Paga, the head of one of the major New York crime families. Here the Englishman tells the story that -one else dared to tell.
- Author BiographyJohn Pearson worked for The Economist, the BBC and The Sunday Times before becoming Ian Fleming's assistant. An author who specialises in true crime and biographies, he has written the only authorised biography of Ian Fleming, a fictional biography of James Bond and The Profession of Violence, a crime biography of legendary East End gangsters, the Kray twins.
- Author(s)John Pearson
- Date of Publication05/08/2004
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Noteports.
- Weight294 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.