All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionOnkelos on the Torah is a unique and remarkable translation and English commentary of the Targum Onkelos, the first and only rabbinically authorised translation of the Torah. The Book of Exodus, the first of this five-volume set to be published is a deluxe edition, which contains the Hebrew Massoretic text, a vocalised text of Onkelos and Rashi, Haphtarot in Hebrew with an English translation from the Aramaic Targumim, a scholarly appendix, and a Beyond the Text exploration of biblical themes.
- Author BiographyIsrael Drazin is the author of seven books, five of which are on Targum Onkelos. He was the first scholar to recognize that the Targum took hundreds of items from the Tannaitic Midrashim- those that were edited around 400 C.E.- and even incorporated many words found in these Midrashim in his translation. He was able, therefore, to date the Targum Onkelos around 400 C.E., a period much later than is widely accepted, because of the TargumA s reliance upon these Midrashim. Stanley M. Wagner is Rabbi Emeritus of The Beth HaMedrosh HaGadol-Beth Joseph Congregation in Denver, Colorado; Professor Emeritus at the University of Denver and Founding Director and Director Emeritus of its Center for Judaic Studies; and Founding Director and Director Emeritus of the Mizel Museum in Denver. He wrote, edited, or co-edited four volumes, A Piece of My Mind, Traditions of the American Jew, Great Confrontations in Jewish History and Great Schisms in Jewish History and was General Editor of a six volume series entitled Christian and Jewish Traditions in the 20th Century.
- Author(s)Israel Drazin,Stanley M. Wagner
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- LanguageAramaic & English & Hebrew
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Weight1464 g
- Width205 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.