All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIt is apparent that file sharing on the Internet has become an emerging rm of media consumption-especially among young people. This book provides a critical perspective on this phemen, exploring issues related to file sharing, downloading, peer-to-peer networks, piracy, and (t least) policy issues regarding these practices. Andersson Schwartz critically engages with the justificatory discourses of the actual file-sharers, taking Sweden as a geographic focus. By focusing on the example of Sweden-home to both The Pirate Bay and Spotify-he provides a unique insight into a mentality that drives both invation and deviance and accommodates sharing in both its unadulterated and its compliant, business-friendly forms.
- Author BiographyJonas Andersson Schwarz is a Lecturer in the Department of Culture and Communication at Sodertorn University, Sweden.
- Author(s)Jonas Andersson Schwarz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleComedia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.