All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren and teens with autism can be particularly vulnerable to online dangers and this practical handbook explains how you can help your child to navigate websites, chat rooms and social media safely. Providing all the information needed to monitor, educate and guide your child's computer use, the book discusses key concerns such as parental control, social networking, grooming, cyberbullying, internet addiction and hacking. The risks and the warning signs to look out for are clearly explained alongside useful advice and examples from real-life experiences. A Digispeak Dictionary is included that decodes the cryptic language of online slang and there are downloadable forms to help record your child's internet use. The practical solutions in this book will give you peace of mind and ensure that your child can enjoy the educational and social benefits of the internet in safety.
- Author BiographyNicola Lonie has over 10 years' experience working for a large autism charity as IT specialist and Webmaster. She has designed and presented online safety courses to children with autism and ADHD at schools. She currently works on a self-employed basis as a web designer and computer consultant. She is the mother of a teenage son with autism and she lives in Northamptonshire, UK.
- Author(s)Nicola Lonie
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note10 black and white
- Weight181 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.