All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionOnline Territories brings key research and writings in the interdisciplinary study of new media and society together to answer questions arising from the ways in which online techlogies are currently being envisioned, used, and experienced. The book offers an up-to-date contextualization of online practices and explores, from a variety of perspectives, the emergence of new experiences and routines in relation to - and new conceptions of - social space. This volume addresses the need for further, research-based contextualization of preexisting theories related with globalization, mobility, citizenship and civic participation, socio-spatial dynamics, network society, and others. Online territories are traced in relation to three distinct and interrelated pathways - the everyday; the civic and the public; and the transnational/translocal - by taking mediation, communicative practice, and social space as departure points. The book includes an afterword by David Morley.
- Author BiographyMiyase Christensen is Professor of Media and Communication Studies at Karlstad University, Sweden, and research fellow at the Department of Philosophy and History of Technology at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden. Andre Jansson is Professor of Media and Communication Studies at Karlstad University, Sweden. Christian Christensen is Professor of Media and Communications Studies in the Department of Informatics and Media at Uppsala University, Sweden.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number61
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAndre Jansson,Christian Christensen,Miyase Christensen
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.