Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- DescriptionOnly Horses and Fools is a charming collection of short stories which takes us on a journey from the wild plains of Argentina to Mark Milbank's beloved yet troubled Zimbabwe and ends up with more trouble when he arrives in England. Some of the stories are autobiographical; others fictional, but each one is entertaining and at times thought provoking. We meet many characters along the way; the farmer in Zimbabwe who plays the bank at its own game; politicians who make their own financial arrangements and, for children, the little impala who becomes a hero. In the stories about Harry and Daniel's Dream we experience the harsh reality of life in Zimbabwe; the country in which Mark farmed for many years. On a lighter te we try to ski in Switzerland, share the excitement of the 2012 Olympic Games and learn a salutary lesson in computing! A fine selection of stories, Only Horses and Fools has something for everyone.
- Author BiographyMark was thrown off his farm in Zimbabwe and wrote a detailed account of this in his book SCRAMBLED AFRICA. As a result he was forced to leave that country. The considerable success of this book has prompted him to write a book of short stories. He now lives in Dorset, England with wife, Nikki, and dog, Jessy.
- Author(s)Mark Milbank
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Out-of-print date30/11/2016
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.