All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War, this beautiful anthology collects favourite extracts, poems and images from some of the UK's leading cultural, political and literary figures. Poems, short stories, personal letters, newspaper articles, scripts, photographs and paintings are just some of the elements of this astonishing collection, with cover and artwork by rewned illustrator, Ian Beck. Among the many contributors are Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall, Sir Andrew Motion, Miranda Hart, Dame Jacqueline Wilson, Anthony Horowitz, Eoin Colfer, Antony Beevor, Emma Thompson, David Almond, Dr Rowan Williams, Richard Curtis, Joanna Lumley, Raymond Briggs, Shami Chakrabarti and Sir Tony Robinson. Royalties from the publication will be spilt between the Royal British Legion and projects for soldiers' children and families at SSAFA.
- Author BiographyMichael Morpurgo (Author) Michael Morpurgo has written over 120 books, many of them award-winning. His most well-known work, War Horse, was adapted into a multi-Oscar nominated film by Steven Spielberg, and a widely-acclaimed play at the National Theatre. In 2003 Michael became the third Children's Laureate, a position he helped create with the poet Ted Hughes. With his wife, Clare, he set up the charity Farms for City Children, and for their pioneering work they were both awarded the MBE in 1999.Ian Beck (Illustrator) IAN BECK has worked as a freelance illustrator for many years (including such notable artwork as the record cover for Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album). Ian turned to writing and illustrating children's books when his own children were born.
- Author(s)Michael Morpurgo
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Childrens
- Weight250 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ian Beck
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.