All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWould he sacrifice his good name for an orphan a fisherman's daughter? Carefree Norrie had loved wealthy Harry Brandford from the moment she met him in St. Rose. But Lucy has also fallen for him, so Norrie must sacrifice her own happiness for the sake of her best friend. She must forget about love and follow her own destiny, whether it takes her to New York, Italy, or back home in Newfoundland. But the heart cant be silenced by the bustle of big city life. Had Harry given up on her?
- Author BiographyAnastasia English's 1899 novel Only a Fisherman's Daughter is the first to have been published in Newfoundland, and English is Newfoundlands first published female novelist. Although the story is a romance, English portrays class tensions and the desire of women to seek adventure and achieve success outside marriage. This edition, edited by Iona Bulgin, is the first since the book's original publication, and includes explanatory notes and an afterword essay by the editor. Iona Bulgin, who received a Ph.D. (English Language & Literature) from Memorial University in 2001, teaches grammar and editing, and has been a freelance editor since 1991.
- Author(s)Anastasia English
- PublisherBoulder Publications
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoulder Publications
- Weight249 g
- Width139 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Introduction byIona Bulgin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.