All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe relation between ontologies and language is currently at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP). Ontologies, as widely used models in semantic techlogies, have much in common with the lexicon. A lexicon organizes words as a conventional inventory of concepts, while an ontology formalizes concepts and their logical relations. A shared lexicon is the prerequisite for kwledge-sharing through language, and a shared ontology is the prerequisite for kwledge-sharing through information techlogy. In building models of language, computational linguists must be able to accurately map the relations between words and the concepts that they can be linked to. This book focuses on the techlogy involved in enabling integration between lexical resources and semantic techlogies. It will be of interest to researchers and graduate students in NLP, computational linguistics, and kwledge engineering, as well as in semantics, psycholinguistics, lexicology and morphology/syntax.
- Author BiographyChu-Ren Huang is Chair Professor in the Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and Research Fellow at the Institute of Linguistics, Academia Sinica in Taiwan. Nicoletta Calzolari is Director of Research in the Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale at the CNR in Italy. Aldo Gangemi is a Research Scientist at the Laboratory of Applied Ontology in Italy. Alessandro Lenci is a Researcher in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Pisa. Alessandro Oltramari is a Research Fellow in the Laboratory for Applied Ontology, Institute of Cognitive Science and Technology at the Italian National Research Council. Laurent Prevot is an Associate Professor at the Universite de Provence.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- Series TitleStudies in Natural Language Processing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 tables
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAldo Gangemi,Alessandro Lenci,Alessandro Oltramari,Chu-Ren Huang,Laurent Prevot,Nicoletta Calzolari
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.