Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $127.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpen-Channel Hydraulics, originally published in 1959, deals with the design for flow in open channels and their related structures. Covering both theory and practice, it attempts to bridge the gap that generally exists between the two. Theory is introduced first and is then applied to design problems. In many cases the application of theory is illustrated with practical examples. Theory is frequently simplified by adopting theoretically less rigorous treatments with sound concepts, by avoiding use of advanced mathematical manipulations, or by replacing such manipulations with practical numerical procedures. To facilitate understanding of the subject matter, the treatment is mostly based on the condition of one- or two-dimensional flow. The book deals mainly with American practice but also includes related information from many countries throughout the world. Material is divided into five main sections for an orderly and logical treatment of the subject: Basic Principles. Uniform Flow, Varied Flow, Rapidly Varied Flow, and Unsteady Flow. There are 67 illustrative examples, 282 illustrations, 319 problems, and 810 references. This classic textbook was the first English-language book on the subject in two decades. Open-Channel Hydraulics is a valuable text for students of engineering mechanics. hydraulics. civil. agricultural. sanitary. and mechanical engineering, and a helpful compendium for practicing engineers. Dr. Ven Te Chow was a Professor of Hydraulic Engineering and led the hydraulic engineering research and teaching programs at the University of Illiis. Through many years of experience as a teacher, engineer, researcher, writer. lecturer, and consultant, he became an internationally recognized leader in the fields of hydraulics, hydrology and hydraulic engineering. Dr. Ven Te Chow authored two technical books and more than 60 articles and papers in scientific an engineering magazines and journals. He was a member of lAHR, ASCE, AGU, AAAS, SEE, and Sigma Xi, and had been Chairman of the American Geophysical Union's Permanent Research Committee on Ruff.
- Author(s)Ven Te Chow
- PublisherThe Blackburn Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWest Caldwell
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Blackburn Press
- Content Note1
- Weight1012 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.