All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining open EDI, an application of electronic commerce, this volume deals with its relationship with law. Electronic commerce applications all allow the transfer of electronic data from one point to ather. Open EDI also allows for commercial transactions to take place in a fully-automated and highly-organized trading environment. Open EDI permits ad hoc open electronic transactions irrespective of geographical border and jurisdictions among trading partners with prior trade relationship. By doing this open EDI limits the possibility of using up-front interchange agreements to address legal problems of the interchange. It is therefore necessary to use legal instruments supported by information techlogy to overcome legal problems. The book advocates the use of possible regulations to address the need of the users to act in such a trading environment uninhibited by basic legal concerns. It concludes that to respond to the challenge of open EDI it is necessary to work towards a new legal framework based on international law and supported by information techlogy.
- Author(s)Andreas Mitrakas
- PublisherKluwer Law International
- Date of Publication20/08/1997
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw & Electronic Commerce S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationZuidpoolsingel
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Law International
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width234 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.