Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
About this product
- DescriptionSigurd Olson's love affair with the wilderness began in a stream near his house in Wisconsin -- he caught his first trout there with a tamarack wand, black thread, and a grasshopper as bait. Open Horizons is his autobiography, and in it he recounts a life lived on and for the land, from the wonder of boyhood fishing expeditions to decades-long conservation battles.Writing always with the sensitive, lyric prose that characterizes his works, Olson recalls his pioneering youth on a remote Wisconsin farm, his summers as a wilderness cae guide, and his thousands of miles of travel through the wilds of this country and Canada. Open Horizons is the story of the unkwns I have discovered, and gone through , he writes.While telling his story, Olson makes a compelling case for preserving the wilderness. He puts forth his own life as an example of how nature can have a spiritual effect on the human soul, and proposes diligence on behalf of those who fight to conserve our forests, wet-lands, and dunes. If we can move into an open horizon where we can live in our modern world with ancient dreams that have always stirred us, then our work will have been done .
- Author(s)Sigurd F. Olson
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1998
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width141 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.