All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe traditional structures of business and the workplace have changed drastically in recent years. In response, companies have continuously worked to improve their ability to generate new ideas and bring them to market by removing the common constraints on the processes of invation. This movement of open invation in the workforce necessitates improvements in the arenas of idea generation, evaluation, funding, and the presentation of these ideas to the marketplace in new and exciting ways. Edited by Arthur B. Markman, Open Invation: Academic and Practical Perspectives on the Journey from Idea to Market brings together the latest scholarship on these elements with tried-and-true stories of successful applications in real-world settings. Authors explore a variety of new methods for improving idea development and processes, making this book an invaluable resource for readers as they learn how to create a supportive ecosystem for their employees and co-workers.
- Author BiographyArthur B. Markman is the Annabel Irion Worsham Centennial Professor of Psychology and Marketing at The University of Texas - Austin, and Founding Director of the Program in the Human Dimensions of Organizations. Dr. Markman has written over 150 scholarly papers on topics including reasoning, decision making, motivation, and categorization. He has served as executive editor of the journal Cognitive Science as well as executive officer of the Cognitive Science Society. Dr. Markman brings insights from cognitive science to a wider audience through his blogs at Psychology Today and Fast Company as well as his radio show and podcast Two Guys on Your Head.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byArthur B. Markman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.