All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSay what you like about Jason Akermanis - footballer, showman, show-off, troublemaker - there's denying that he's made an impression in his 15 years as an AFL star player. Now, after more than 300 games, three Premierships and a Brownlow Medal, the curtain has come down on his extraordinary career. No longer restrained by contractual obligations and free to speak at last, Aker looks at a stellar sporting career, including details of Aker's falling out with Leigh Matthews, his move to the Western Bulldogs, run-ins with fellow players, and his thoughts on the game. Interwoven throughout is the personal story of finding and reconciling with his biological father - a married man with a family of his own who lived next door. Told with trademark honesty and passion, this tell-all memoir is a must-have for all footy fans.
- Author BiographyBorn in Mildura, Victoria, and raised in Brisbane, Jason Akermanis is a maverick statesman of Aussie Rules. From being drafted by the Brisbane Lions as a highschool student, he has gone on to play more than 300 games, won a Brownlow Medal, played in three premiership finals, and has been named on the All-Australian team four times. In addition to his AFL career, Akermanis is a regular on various sports programmes, is a columnist for the Herald Sun, and has regular radio segments on SEN and 3MPR.
- Author(s)Jason Akermanis
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication07/11/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Out-of-print date12/06/2015
- Content NoteBlack and White
- Weight620 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.