All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican foreign policy is a dynamic and often controversial field, and is currently a topic of deep interest given recent developments in the Middle East, North Korea and China. In order to understand where US foreign policy is headed, it is important to first examine where it came from. This book provides an analysis of the political, ecomic and military history of American foreign policy, with the aim of divulging important details that most people have either never learned or forgotten - hence the phrase open secrets . Covering events such as the attack on Pearl Harbor and the American Revolution, as well as American involvement in the Korean War and the collapse of Nationalist China, this fascinating book debunks a number of myths held by most people regarding US foreign policy, revealing some surprising conclusions.
- Author BiographyGordon Tullock is currently University Professor of Law and Economics and Distinguished Research Fellow in the James M Buchanan Center for Political Economy at George Mason University. He has taught at the University of South Carolina, University of Virginia, Rice University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and University of Arizona. His book, The Calculus of Consent (1962), co-written with Nobel Laureate James M Buchanan, is a founding text of the public choice movement.
- Author(s)Gordon Tullock
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.