Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionJack Sawyer is an ex-airline pilot turned into a reluctant private investigator. Recommended by his estranged wife Susan, he finds himself looking into the death of an airline copilot: officially, the man's death was an accident but there are suspicions that could hint at something else. With his estranged wife and a growing caste of other friends and acquaintances in tow, Jack sets out to track down the real reasons behind the mystery and possible murder - a humorous, insightful and exciting adventure! Media Reviewers have said: - A chilling climax...Open Skies is his best! - Before we get to an unusual climax, there is action galore! - Tense, smart and especially appealing... Liverpool Daily Post - For the whodunnit fan looking for something different...good reading. - A super story, a chip off the old Block!
- Author BiographyThomas Block has written a number of aviation-oriented novels, many which have gone on to acquire best-seller status in numerous countries. His novel writing began with the publication of Mayday in 1979. That novel was rewritten with his boyhood friend, novelist Nelson DeMille in 1998 and remains on DeMille's extensive backlist. Mayday became a CBS Movie of the Week in October, 2005. Other novels by Block include Orbit (a top bestseller in Germany, among other nations), Airship Nine, Forced Landing (also done as a radio serializatoin drama in Japan), Skyfall, Open Skies and Captain. Thomas Block is still writing both fiction and non-fiction, and has edited and updated his earlier novels into ebooks of all the major formats and also into new full-sized (trade soft cover) printed versions. Block's magazine writing began in 1968 and over the next five decades his work has appeared in numerous publications. He worked 20 years at FLYING Magazine as Contributing Editor, and as Contributing Editor to Plane & Pilot Magazine for 11 years. Block became Editor-at-Large for Piper Flyer Magazine and Cessna Flyer Magazine in 2001. During his long career as an aviation writer he has written on a wide array of subjects that range from involvement with government officials to evaluation reports on most everything that flies. Block has piloted gliders, seaplanes, the Goodyear Blimp, warplanes and many large transport jets. He has owned more than a dozen light airplanes. An airline pilot for US Airways for over 36 years before his retirement in April, 2000, Captain Thomas Block has been a pilot since 1959 and accumulated 30,000+ hours of flight time since his first solo on his sixteenth birthday. He holds an Air Transport Pilot rating in numerous large aircraft. Block flew the Trans-Oceanic routes for US Airways in the Boeing 767 to a cross-section of European cities for the last decade of his airline career. Since 2002, he has lived on a ranch in Florida with his wife Sharon where they board, compete and train horses. Complete information (including direct links to booksellers) is available at http: //www.ThomasBlockNovels.com or through the author's additional website at http: //www.FlyingB-Ranch.com. For Facebook users, complete information about Thomas Block Novels can also be found at two interlinked Facebook sites: http: //www.Facebook.com/Captain.by.Thomas.Block http: //www.Facebook.com/ThomasBlockNovels.
- Author(s)Thomas Block
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.