All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionOpenGL(R) SuperBible, Seventh Edition, is the definitive programmer's guide, tutorial, and reference for OpenGL 4.5, the world's leading 3D API for real-time computer graphics. The best introduction for any developer, it clearly explains OpenGL's newest APIs; key extensions; shaders; and essential, related concepts. You'll find up-to-date, hands-on guidance for all facets of modern OpenGL development-both desktop and mobile. The authors explain what OpenGL does, how it connects to the graphics pipeline, and how it manages huge datasets to deliver compelling experiences. Step by step, they present increasingly sophisticated techniques, illuminating key concepts with worked examples. They introduce OpenGL on several popular platforms, and offer up-to-date best practices and performance advice. This revised and updated edition introduces many new OpenGL 4.5 features, including important ARB and KHR extensions that are w part of the standard. It thoroughly covers the latest Approaching Zero Driver Overhead (AZDO) performance features, and demonstrates key enhancements with new example applications. Coverage includes * A practical introduction to real-time 3D graphics, including foundational math * Core techniques for rendering, transformations, and texturing * Shaders and the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) in depth * Vertex processing, drawing commands, primitives, fragments, and framebuffers * Compute shaders: harnessing graphics cards for more than graphics * Pipeline monitoring and control * Managing, loading, and arbitrating access to data * Building larger applications and deploying them across platforms * Advanced rendering: light simulation, artistic and n-photorealistic effects, and more * Reducing CPU overhead and analyzing GPU behavior * Supercharging performance with persistent maps, bindless textures, and fine-grained synchronization * Preventing and debugging errors * New applications: texture compression, text drawing, font rendering with distance fields, high-quality texture filtering, and OpenMP Bonus material and sample code are available at openglsuperbible.com.
- Author BiographyGraham Sellers, AMD Software Architect and Engineering Fellow, represents AMD at the OpenGL ARB. He has contributed to the core OpenGL specification and extensions, and holds several graphics and image processing patents. Richard S. Wright, Jr., Senior Software Engineer for Software Bisque, developed multimedia astronomy and planetarium software using OpenGL. For more than a decade he taught OpenGL programming in Full Sail University's game development degree program. Nicholas Haemel, Director of Camera Software at NVIDIA, has represented NVIDIA at the Khronos Group standards body and authored many OpenGL extensions.
- Author(s)Graham M. Sellers,Nicholas Haemel,Richard S. Wright
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1676 g
- Width181 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.