All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn times of uncertainty, words of comfort are essential, and the stunning overseas sales of this title are testament to its universal appeal. These modern tales of hope, forgiveness, freedom from fear and overcoming pain cleverly relate the timeless wisdom of the Buddha's teachings and the path to true happiness in a warm and accessible way. Ajahn Brahm was born and raised in the West and in his more than thirty years as a Buddhist monk he has gathered many poignant, funny and profound stories. He has tremendous ability to filter these stories through the Buddha's teaching so that they can have meaning for all sorts of readers. There are many thousands of Australians who don't even kw that they need this book yet, but who will doubt embrace it just as overseas readers have. It is the perfect gift book as there is truly something in it for everyone.
- Author BiographyUK-born Ajahn Brahm regarded himself as a Buddhist at the age of sixteen and his interest in Buddhism and meditation flourished while studying Theoretical Physics at Cambridge University. Ajahn Brahm is now the Abbot of Odhinyana Monastery and the Spiritual Director of the Buddhist Society of Western Australia.
- Author(s)Ajahn Brahm
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight256 g
- Width164 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- 5740petera06 Nov, 2016by
Easy to read.
troubled mind....read this and then listen to the author on you tube
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.