All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions in this volume reflect the efforts of musicology to understand a hybrid area with a fascinating evolution. They aim to address the relationship between opera and audiovisual techlogy from its origins to today by offering the results of a balanced critical and invative approach. The reader interested in opera, aesthetics, narrative or transmediality will find concrete approaches devoted to an unexplored diversity of aspects with an impact on the narrative conditions in which we watch opera on screen. The variety of perspectives shows how original methodological approaches are able to design a new map of the main transmedial problems of opera in TV, DVD and even in phography. The book offers t only isolated theoretical contributions but seeks a connection of them with significant practice oriented approaches coming from the fields of video direction and composition.
- Author BiographyHector J. Perez is Associate Professor of Audiovisual Communication and Aesthetics and a member of the Technology and Information Research Team, CALSI, at the Universidad Politecnica de Valencia. Among his main publications on Opera are Shakespeare jenseits des Dramas (1998); El Nacimiento de la tragedia. Un ensayo sobre la metafisica del artista en el joven Nietzsche (2001); Opera Narratives: From Mythology to Audiovisual Aesthetics (2006); Expression in the Performing Arts (2010); Una estetica audiovisual de Electra (2010).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight300 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byHector J. Perez
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.