Operation Rimau: Australia's Heroic and Daring Commando Raid on Singapore by Peter Thompson, Robert Macklin (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 7 Feb
- AU $24.95Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sparkey202000
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last months of 1944, a group of elite Australian and British commandos was selected for the biggest Allied behind-the-scenes operation of the Pacific War. Their mission: to devastate the enemy's shipping by destroying the Japanese ships at anchor in Singapore Harbour. Operation Rimau, Britain's last throw of the colonial dice in South-East Asia, was intended as a body blow to the Japanese and a signal to the world that she would reclaim her Eastern Empire. Britain was trying to reclaim past glory - while Australia's wartime prime minister, John Curtin, had turned to America. In this atmosphere, Operation Rimau was planned ...Operation Rimau takes us inside the fierce conflict, and tells what really happened to these brave commandos - from the very beginnings of the operation through to their intense and courageous fighting in the South China Seas, and its aftermath. It exposes the sloppy planning behind the raid, and names the officers who betrayed and abandoned them in their hour of need, and details the political double-dealing which for so many years hid the real story behind red tape and bureaucratic lies. Previously published as Kill the Tiger, new material has been added to this edition of Operation Rimau.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Thompson is the Sydney Mayer Lecturer in Early American History at Oxford University. He lived in the USA for 10 years, taking his doctorate at the University of Pennsylvania before spending four years as Lecturer in American History at Princeton. Robert Macklin is a well-known Australian biographer and historian with more than twenty books to his credit. His most recent books include ONE FALSE MOVE, DARK PARADISE and the bestselling SAS SNIPER.
- Author(s)Peter Thompson,Robert Macklin
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintHachette Australia
- Weight480 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.