All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionOnly Britain stood in the way of the complete triumph, and Hitler planned a two-pronged offensive a blistering aerial bombardment followed by a land invasion to subdue his final enemy. But for the first time in the war, Hitler did t prevail. As Leo McKinstry details in this fascinating new history, the British were far more ruthless and proficient than is usually recognized. The brilliance of the RAF in the Battle of Britain was t an exception but part of a pattern of magnificent organization that thwarted Hitler s armies at every turn. Using a wealth of archival and primary source materials, Leo McKinstry provides a groundbreaking new assessment of the six fateful months in mid-1940 when Operation Sea Lion was all that stood between the Nazis and total victory.
- Author BiographyLeo McKinstry writes regularly for the Daily Mail, Sunday Telegraph and Spectator. Born in Belfast, he was educated at Cambridge.
- Author(s)Leo McKinstry
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.