All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bomb that exploded in the Wolf's Lair -Hitler's command headquarters-on July 20th, 1944 was the closest any assassination attempt ever came to ridding the world of the Nazis' Fuhrer. Pierre Galante's account of the years that led up to the attempt, and its grim aftermath, offers an illuminating look at how dissent among the German officer corps grew until something had to be done. Conspirator General Adolf Heusinger, who met with Hitler on hundreds of occasions, provides his personal accounts of the disintegrating obedience of the German commanders as the war turned against them. Their plan to kill Hitler, establish a provisional government, and negotiate with the Allies for peace-kwn as Operation Valkyrie-is described here in depth.
- Author BiographyPierre Galante (1918-1998), a French citizen, also wrote The Berlin Wall.
- Author(s)Pierre Galante
- PublisherCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/07/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCooper Square Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note26
- Weight372 g
- Width141 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.