Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.50+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by brooke_1722
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting an integrated media and text solution to teaching Operations Management! Take this opportunity to provide your students with a new, invative learning package which clearly demonstrates the relevance of operations to everyday business activities. Allow students to see how core operations theory is applied in real world situations through watching bespoke videoed case materials of interviews and processes tied to each chapter concept. Further reinforce their understanding of key concepts and quantitative techniques by encouraging them to interact with animated models from the text, seamlessly linked via QR codes. Aware that students taking their first module in Operations Management often have little first-hand experience of a working environment, the authors introduce all the core topics to students in a lively and engaging manner, making OM relevant and meaningful to students new to the subject. Starting from students' interactions with operations management, perhaps as a customer or part time employee, the authors guide the readers through the management of operations, before exploring the design techniques and the strategy of OM, thereby mirroring students' future experiences as graduates. Packed full of case material and examples from companies that students can easily relate to such as Domi's, EasyJet, and Ticketmaster, this text challenges the reader to think about real business issues and what they might encounter in their future careers. Real life problems are also used to carefully explain quantitative data. Links to seminal papers throughout each chapter support and strengthen the theory discussed and encourage readers to carry out their own research into these topics. A unique, lively package makes this core reading for all business students taking an introductory module in operations management. Provided on the Online Resource Centre: For Students: Animated diagrams from the book - accompanied by audio to help explain concepts. Antated library of links to footage of 'Operations in Action'. Web-based activities. Multiple choice questions. Seminal paper links. Downloadable Flashcard glossary. For lecturers: Bespoke video case material consisting of interviews and processes tied to each chapter. Broken down into 5 minute clips, these can either be shown in relation to a chapter topic, or as a whole film demonstrating how one company utilises many aspects of OM. Customizable PowerPoint slides. Tutor guide. Tutorial activities. Answers to discussion questions. Test bank.
- Author BiographyProf. Peter Jones heads up the Hospitality and Food Management Group at the University of Surrey, where for ten years he was the ITCA Chair of Production and Operations Management. He is the author, co-author or editor of twelve textbooks, many of which are in the field of operations management. He also serves as Associate Editor on a number of editorial boards, where he is responsible for publishing journal articles with an operations focus. His own published research articles have been on a wide range of OM topics - such as mass customisation, statistical process control, revenue management, and productivity. He also writes a regular column for an industry magazine - Onboard Hospitality - as well as blogging and tweeting on operations management issues. As a consultant he has advised major European companies, and has devised and run service management development workshops for them. He has a MBA from London Business School and a PhD from the University of Surrey. Peter Robinson is a Tutor in Operations Management at the University of Surrey, School of Business. Since 2006 he has taught Operations Management and Project Management at Undergraduate level and Operations Strategies at MSc and MBA levels. Prior to that he worked for 10 years as a Board member for an international automotive supply company and has additional experience in implementing new technology into both manufacturing and administrative sections of a number of businesses.
- Author(s)Peter Jones,Peter Robinson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1041 g
- Width194 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.