All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionAn answer book for entrepreneurial executives seeking to take their companies global, Schniederjans's concise presentation gets to the heart of the problem: What will globalization mean, once you have achieved it, and how are you going to get there? How do you make an organization global, and, in fact, what is the difference between global and international? The author sees global firms t simply as big international organizations, but as unique, living organisms that can be managed for everyone's benefit. With two useful appendices and full coverage of the critical functions involved in globally managing a company, this book is an enlightening guide to the intricacies of establishing and developing a profitable global business. Readers will find here the answers to such questions as: How do you get started in going global? What should a global operation be? How should it be structured organizationally? What should its information system do to support its global network? How should its human resources be managed? Its techlogy? How should it undertake the acquisition of supplies in a global context? How should it conduct R&D and benchmarking? In Part I the author provides an introduction to the basic premise of the book and the necessary termilogy. Part II focuses on managerial issues that help the organization globalize operations. In Part III readers get a series of popular tactics they can use to implement the approaches laid out in Part II. Finally, the two appendices help readers locate new information and test the kwledge contained in the book. An important, useful read for professionals, academics, and students.
- Author BiographyMARC J. SCHNIEDERJANS is Professor of Management in the College of Business Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He has held faculty positions at the University of Hawaii, University of Missouri, and at Nebraska's campus in Omaha. He also served as a consultant and trainer to a wide variety of businesses and as an advisor to government agencies, small businesses, and international conglomerates. Dr. Schniederjans is author of more than 10 books and 70 articles and is on the editorial review board of more than 20 journals.
- Author(s)Marc J Schniederjans
- Date of Publication30/06/1998
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.