All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe ten years since the first edition of Operative Obstetrics have witnessed considerable changes in obstetric practice. There has been a continued increase in the rate of cesarean delivery, and the use of minimally-invasive surgery has rapidly gained popularity. Social changes affecting practice have also been significant, prompting a re-evaluation of the appropriateness of certain types of operations during pregnancy. This fully-updated edition includes chapters on cesarean delivery, birth injury, ectopic pregnancy, and common surgical complications. It features a new discussion of surgical procedures performed by n-physicians and an updated treatment of fetal surgery. The text also considers complicated and controversial subjects such as cervical insufficiency, pregnancy termination, instrumental delivery, and shoulder dystocia. Each of the four sections includes an in-depth analysis of the important ethical and legal issues underlying practice for the area in question. An expanded appendix reviews legal concepts pertinent to practitioners in the field of obstetrics.
- Author BiographyJohn Patrick O'Grady, M.D., is Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. He is Medical Director of both the Family Life Center for Maternity and the Mercy Hospital Perinatal Service Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mercy Medical Center in Springfield, Massachussets. He graduated from the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, and has published numerous books in the field of obstetrics. Martin L. Gimovsky, B.S., M.D., is Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. A graduate of the New York University School of Medicine, he is Residency Program Director for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in New Jersey.
- Author(s)John Patrick O'Grady,Kevin Giordano,Lucy A. Bayer-Zwirello,Martin L. Gimovsky
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note193 b/w illus. 47 colour illus. 112 tables
- Weight2750 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.