Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of operator algebras, which grew out of von Neumann's work in the 1920s and the 1930s on modelling quantum mechanics, has in recent years experienced tremendous growth and vitality. This growth has resulted in significant applications in other areas - both within and outside mathematics. The field was a natural candidate for a 1994-1995 program year in Operator Algebras and Applications held at The Fields Institute for Research in the Mathematical Sciences. This volume contains a selection of papers that arose from the seminars and workshops of the program. Topics covered include the classification of amenable $C^*$-algebras, the Baum-Connes conjecture, $E_0$ semigroups, subfactors, E-theory, quasicrystals, and the solution to a long-standing problem in operator theory: Can almost commuting self-adjoint matrices be approximated by commuting self-adjoint matrices?
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication15/12/1996
- Series TitleFields Institute Communications
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 13
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Weight829 g
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJames A. Mingo,Peter A. Fillmore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.