All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMagic is messy and dangerous and filled with longing, we learn in this brave tale of grief, villainy and redemption that borrows from the story of the Sw Queen. Set in a vast, chilly museum, the tale brings together a valiant girl, a charmed boy, a magical sword and a clock ticking down to the end of the world. The Wall Street Journal This is the story of unlikely heroine Ophelia Jane Worthington-Whittard who doesn't believe in anything that can't be proven by science. She and her sister Alice are still grieving for their dead mother when their father takes a job in a strange museum in a city where it always sws. On her very first day in the museum Ophelia discovers a boy locked away in a long forgotten room. He is a prisoner of Her Majesty, the Sw Queen. And he has been waiting for Ophelia's help. As Ophelia embarks on an incredible journey to rescue the boy everything that she believes will be tested. Along the way she learns more and more about the boy's own remarkable journey to reach her and save the world. A story within a story, this a modern day fairytaleabout the power of friendship, courage and love, and never ever giving up.
- Author BiographyKAREN FOXLEE is the author of two young adult novels, The Anatomy of Wings and The Midnight Dress. She lives in Gympie, Australia, with her daughter. About the IllustratorYOKO TANAKA has illustrated children's books by Kate DiCamillo, Sara Pennypacker, R.L. LaFevers, Laura Godwin, and Keith McGowan.
- Author(s)Karen Foxlee
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication28/01/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.